notes from here and there

2.11.09

Play School Australia

I love this show as does Sophia.




One thing I love about Australia is ABC1 -- their version of PBS. Great children's television with no commercials and always a fantastic documentary about something I'm interested in. Never fails. I love that certain things are free here like programs you'd find on Noggin and sports (for those who love sports). There is a big campaign at the moment to keep all sports free for the "good of Australia." That's not something we say much in America...let's do this because it's good for everybody. I feel that more here...more of a sense of government responsibility as well as civic. Doesn't mean I don't love American optimism and independence any less. Just something I've noticed. Still think America is a great place to live and I miss it (and you) very much.