notes from here and there

6.10.09

Talking about the Grampians

I'm starting to compile pics from our trip. In the meantime, here is our family reporter giving us the low down on the weather in the Grampians. I think we have the makings of a television personality.



Talking about the Grampians from susan simmons on Vimeo.

We met Catherine and her family at Rachel's house in Stawell which is near the Grampians National Park. After Stawell, we stayed at the Halls Gap Eco Hostel. The weather was cold and rainy. For me, a nice change from beautiful Brisbane. My body clock must be ready for winter...or at least Fall. I loved the Grampians. They reminded me of Big Bend although not so dramatic as that high and low desert in West Texas. Nonetheless, the walking and views were lovely.



Sophia got hold of the camera. This is Jasmine.

 
 Now Jasmine's turn.

 
 Entrance to Eco Hostel in Halls Gap.

 
 Back patio.

 
 I love the bike rack and the free bike use. We had a great ride in the rain.


 
Sophia getting ready to ride.