notes from here and there

9.7.09

Public Transport = New Shoes and Ice Cream

We haven't been in a car since last weekend. This no car life may change but for now it works for us. Sophia's feet are fine, but she seems to need lots of ice cream for extra sustenance. So far, we've had ice cream everyday....maybe it's the taste of the gelati here but she never wanted ice cream this much before. Even though we walk to school and walk to the park in Houston, it must be nothing compared to here because my feet have been killing me. Sophia and I were downtown heading to the bus stop when I saw a sign in the window that said "No stilletos here!" so I went in, tried on a pair of awesome purple clogs by El Naturalista and $150A later I walked them out the store. At that point, I didn't care what they cost as long as my feet felt good. And they still do!